– Policing Labour in Empire: The Modern Origins of the Kafala Sponsorship System in the Gulf Arab States, British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, 48:2 (2019), 291-310, DOI: 10.1080/13530194.2019.1580183.
– Political Movements in Bahrain across the Long 20th Century (1900-2015), in Ghazal, A. and J. Hanssen (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Contemporary Middle Eastern and North African History (Oxford University Press, 2017), DOI: 10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199672530.013.27.
– Divided Rule and the Birth of Sectarianism, Nationalism, and Absolutism in Bahrain, British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, 44.3 (2016), 333-355, DOI: 10.1080/13530194.2016.1185937.
– Histories of Migration to the Gulf, in Khalaf, A., O. AlShehabi and A. Hanieh (eds.), Transit States: Labour, Migration and Citizenship in the Gulf (London: Pluto Press, 2014), 3-38.
– Migration, Urban Commodification, and the “Right to the City” in the GCC, in Khalaf, A., O. AlShehabi and A. Hanieh (eds.), Transit States: Labour, Migration and Citizenship in the Gulf (London: Pluto Press, 2014), 101-131.
– Radical Transformations and Radical Contestations: The spatial -demographic revolution of Bahrain, Middle East Critique , 23.1 (2014), pp. 29-51, DOI: 10.1080/19436149.2014.896596.
– Divided Rule in Bahrain and the Elusive Pursuit for a United Front: The Experience of the Constitutive Committee and the 1972 Uprising, Historical Materialism, vol. 21.1 (2013), pp.94-127. DOI: 10.1163/1569206X-12341267.
– Fuel Subsidies and Unemployment: A CGE Model Applied to Iran (April 24, 2011), USAEE-IAEE Working Paper No. 11-074. DOI: 10.2139/ssrn.1821644.
– (with Shuang Ding) Estimating Equilibrium Exchange Rates for Armenia and Georgia, IMF Working Paper WP/08/110, April 2008.
– Macroeconomic Modelling of the Labour Market (PhD Thesis)